Sustainability – ecologically and economically essential to us
As a traditional family business in its fifth generation, the term sustainability extends far beyond production. Social responsibility for our employees, as opposed to shareholder value, characterizes our company philosophy.
We operate in such a way that existing economical, ecological and social systems are able to retain their essential characteristics and be continually regenerated.
We contribute to sustainability in the following ways:
- Our soaps are manufactured in an economically feasible manner using renewable raw materials and energy efficient processes
- We exclusively use raw materials approved according to the latest German and European legislation
- Our natural cosmetics only contain sustainably produced raw materials (NaTrue)
- We avoid producing waste wherever possible and recycle (Green Dot mark and according to internal directives)
- We minimize energy use by isolating our key systems as well as through energy recovery methods (condensers, heat exchangers)
- We use natural resources such as water and energy sparingly
- Contaminated water is recycled within a sewage treatment plant, cooling water is run in a closed circuit and surplus and surface water is collected in water tanks
- We use well water and river bank filtrate